The Certification in Photo & Video Editing Course is an intensive training programme designed to equip students with theoretical and practical, industry standard skills in photo and video editing.
• 18 sessions of +-2 hours per session.
• To ensure that you master the course material, you will be required to complete various assignments.
• Assignments are marked and returned to students with feedback.
• Assignments are evaluated and the JAA Certificate in Photo & Video Editing is awarded if a pass mark of 75% average is achieved.
• Students who maintain a minimum pass mark of 75% in each of the course modules is awarded the JAA Certificate of Merit in Photo & Video Editing.
• Students who maintain a minimum pass mark of 75% in each of the course modules, and where the total average is 95% and above, is awarded the JAA Certificate of Merit in Photo & Video Editing with Distinction.
After successful completion of the course, a student is expected to be able to:
Photo Editing with Adobe Lightroom
• use Lightroom to catalogue & edit RAW images.
• understand & use the editing tools available in Lightroom.
• apply colour corrections.
• create high-contrast black & white images.
• make images part colour and part black & white.
• reduce noise and grain in images.
• recover highlight and shadow detail in images.
• clean up skin imperfections.
• use filters for selective image changes.
• design photo books ready for print.
• create slideshows in High Definition.
• recover highlight and shadow detail in image.
Image Editing & Design with Adobe Photoshop CC
• RAW file adjustments and professional batch operations.
• Colour temperature & white balance.
• Sharpening and noise reduction using Camera Raw Import.
• Layers, layer masks, adjustment layers and techniques for proper usage.
• Using layers to create complex image composites .
• Spot removal & skin retouching techniques.
• Tonal range adjustments using adjustment layers.
• Colour correction and colour coding.
• Making high contrast black & white images.
• Understanding image size and image resolution (ppi).
• Preparing images for print, web & devices.
• Working with video in Photoshop CC.
Video Editing with PremierePro CC
• Editing video footage using PremierePro CC.
• Apply video transitions, colour correction and other effects and masks to video footage.
• Apply sound effects and transitions to audio tracks.
• Integrate a stills images into a video production.
• Inserting screen text.
• Exporting video for use on various platforms.
• The course fee per person is R 12 595 (if all fees are settled before course commencement)
• Terms are available at a slightly increased rate to part time students since they complete the course over an extended period of time (refer to 'installments' below)
• The full course fee can be paid on registration, or installments can be arranged (available to part time students only).
• The full course fees have to be settled before the course is completed
• A deposit of R 3 000 is payable on enrollment and monthly installments depending on the period of payment. (Some of the courses have a shorter duration and the repayment term will be shorter with higher installments. Please contact us for details).
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• The course is presented in English and students are required to have a good command of the language to engage in classes.
• It is ideal that a student has photographic and video experience when enrolling for this course (or be enrolled for one of the Academy's photography and/or video courses) since photos and video are at the core of the training.
• Basic computer literacy is required.
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED FOR THE COURSE
• A notebook computer to use in class (a minimum of 4GB Ram, 1GB graphics card, 64-bit operating system).
• Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription.
• Own photos and video footage to use during classes.
Click on the blue buttons under the "COURSE DATES & ENROLMENT" section below.
You can visit us at the Academy - it's best arrange an appointment to ensure that a consultant is available.
The following subjects are required to obtain the Certification in Photo & Video Editing:
• Photo Editing with Adobe Lightroom
• Image Editing & Design with Photoshop CC
• Video Editing with Premiere Pro CC
Certification in Photo & Video Editing
18 sessions of +-2 hours each
R 12 595
Course Dates & Enrollment
Full Time Courses
Full Time Classes are attended on week days. The duration of classes are +-2 hours depending on the subject matter.
Click on the starting date below to enrol: