The Certification in Video Production Course is an intensive training programme which is designed to equip students with knowledge and experience in video production and editing.
The course can be completed on a full time or part time basis.
The training programme is based on guiding students through the process of producing their own first two productions: a 3-5min and a 5-10min short film.
A host of topics are covered:
- Photography & Cinematography
Bringing the story to life. Technical and theoretical training.
Learn to control a film’s artistic and dramatic aspects. Guiding the technical crew and actors on a set.
- Script development & writing
Create a written blueprint for the entire film making process. Learn to tell a story, bring it to life. Plot & character development. Creating story boards.
Learn about the 3-point lighting system & creative lighting techniques.
Learn to use cutting edge video editing software Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Sound Recording
Learn how to use sound recording equipment.
• 20 sessions of +-2/3 hours Video Production Training
• 8 sessions of +-2/3 hours Photoshop CC Image Editing & Design (additional subject)
• 2 sessions of +-2/3 hours Photoshop CC Essentials for Video (included in Premiere Pro CC course)
• 5 sessions of +-2/3 hours PremierePro CC (additional subject)
• To ensure that you master the course material, you will be required to complete various assignments.
• Assignments are marked and returned to students with feedback.
• Assignments are evaluated and the JAA Certificate in Video Production is awarded if a pass mark of 75% average is achieved.
• Students who maintain a minimum pass mark of 75% in each of the course modules is awarded the JAA Certificate of Merit in Video Production.
• Students who maintain a minimum pass mark of 75% in each of the course modules, and where the total average is 95% and above, is awarded the JAA Certificate of Merit in Video Production with Distinction.
After successful completion of the course, a student is expected to be able to:
• demonstrate proficiency in using a Digital SLR camera to capture HD video.
• create a basic three point lighting set-up as well as creative lighting techniques.
• creating and interpreting a basic screen play and shot list.
• direct their own productions.
• carry out basic set design.
• professionally edit video.
• record sound.
• create a 30sec production trailer.
• create a DVD sleeve, DVD artwork and production posters.
• producing a 3 - 5 minute video production.
• producing and editing a 3 - 5 minute short film.
COURSE FEE - FULL TIME COURSE
• The course fee per person is R 29 750 (R8000 deposit + 4 x R5438 installments).
• Or, if you wish to settle the full course fee before commencement via EFT or CASH payment, a 20% discount applies, which reduces the course fee to R 23 800.
• The fee excludes payment for the Photoshop CC (R 5 560) and Premiere Pro CC (R 4 856) additional subjects.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• If a student has no knowledge of photography or how to use a digital slr in the manual exposure mode: students are strongly advised to consider completing the Introduction in Digital Photography & Lightroom course before starting with the Certification in Video Production course.
• No video production experience is required.
• The course is presented in English and students are required to have a good command of the language to engage in classes.
• Basic computer literacy is required.
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED FOR THE COURSE
• Any brand of Digital SLR camera with an HD video recording function and memory cards.
• Camera lenses that cover a focal range of at least 18mm-100mm.
• A fluid head video tripod.
• 5-in1 reflector.
• A three head red head or LED lighting kit and colour gels.
• light meter.
• external sound recorder.
• clapper board.
• ND lens filters.
• grey card.
• Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe PremierePro CC subscription.
• A notebook computer to use in class.
BUY EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE
Contact us for specialist advice about purchasing the required equipment for the course.
Certification in Video Production
20 sessions of +-2/3 hours each
from R 23 800
Course Dates & Enrollment
Full Time Courses
Full Time Classes are attended on week days. The duration of classes are +-2/3 hours depending on the subject matter.
Click on the starting date below to enrol:
Introduction to Video Production
10 TRAINING SESSIONS
An entry-level course to learn the fundamentals of video production using a digital SLR camera.
Professional Video Production & Lighting
5 TRAINING SESSIONS
This is an intermediate-level course. Take your video production skills to the next level
5 TRAINING SESSIONS
Short film production practical sessions and mentor ship.
Additional Subjects Required
Image Editing & Design with Photoshop CC
8 TRAINING SESSIONS
Learn to do image editing including enhancing, retouching, deep-etching and much more with the industry standard Adobe Photoshop CC software.
Video Editing with Premiere Pro CC
5 TRAINING SESSIONS
Learn to do video editing using Adobe Premiere Pro CC software.
Photoshop CC for Video
2 TRAINING SESSIONS
Learn to integrate vital elements created in Photoshop CC and make it part of the post-production workflow.