The Day, Evening, Bridal & Occasions LEVEL 1 short course is designed to be the perfect introduction to basic professional make-up artistry, whether you are thinking of becoming a make-up artist, or if you wish to better your own make-up application skills.
The nature of the training is theoretical and also practical orientated with an approximate ratio of 40% theory and 60% practical.
• 4 sessions of +-2 to 3 hours per session
Student performance will be monitored throughout the duration of the course with a test and final practical assessment where students are required to apply make-up to their model according to a brief. The model will then do a photo shoot with a professional photographer. Stunning photos to add to your portfolio!
After successful completion of the course, a student is expected to be able to:
• Apply the basic skills learnt, giving you a better knowledge of professional make-up.
• To apply make-up with various brushes.
• Transform a day look into an evening look.
• Be well acquainted with vast knowledge of your make-up kit essentials.
• Bring out your artistic creativity as an individual and prepare you for Level 2 (your next level in your career).
• Start building a successful portfolio.
COURSE FEE - Including Kryolan Make-Up Kit
• The full course fee per person is R 3 495
• A deposit of R850 can be paid to book your place on a course, and the balance is payable before course commencement.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• No previous professional make-up skills are required to enrol for this course.
• Students must be 16 years or older (certain exceptions can be made at the sole discretion of the Academy Management following an interview with a prospective student).
The following make-up kit is included in the course fee:
• TL3 Translucent powder mini 10g
• TL5 Translucent powder mini 10g
• 18' Shade Kit Foundation Palette
• 10' Shade Eyeshadow Palette
• Dermacolour concealer wheel 4 shades
• Dermacolour Spatula
Click on the blue buttons under the "COURSE DATES & ENROLLMENT" section.
You can visit us at the Academy - it's best arrange an appointment to ensure that a consultant is available.
The answer is quite simply: "no". This course is an entry-level training programme. If you are interested to pursue make-up artistry as a freelancer, you should consider completing the Day, Evening, Bridal & Occasions LEVEL 2 as well as the Professional Airbrush Make-Up Application courses, or complete the Certification in Professional Make-Up, Special Effects & Airbrushing course.
Day, Evening, Bridal & Occasions LEVEL 1
Kryolan Make-Up Kit Included
Entry Level Course
4 sessions of +-2 to 3 hours each
R 3 495
Course Dates & Enrollment
Full Time Courses
Full Time Classes are attended on week days. The duration of classes are +-2 to 3 hours depending on the subject matter.
Click on the starting date below to enrol:
Part Time Courses
Part Time Classes are attended on Saturdays and/or evenings. The duration of classes are +-2 to 3 hours depending on the subject matter.
Click on the starting date below to enrol:
This course consists of 4 sessions of ±2 to 3 hours each and can be completed by attending day classes, evening classes or Saturday classes.
This course covers the following topics:
- How to use professional make-up brushes
- Basic professional make-up kit
- How to sterilize your brushes
- Enhancing eye colour
- How to choose the perfect foundation every time
- Skin tones, the colour theory and covering blemishes
- Quick fixes
- Skin undertone “Winter” or “Summer” variations with the colour Wheel
- Eyebrow shapes
- Different eye shapes
- Lip shapes
- The 15 minute day look
- The evening look
- Anti-aging makeup tips
- Professional face and client chart preparation
- Assessment & photo shoot
Additional Items Required
The following additional items are required for the course and are not included in the make-up kit. You can supply your own items or these items can be purchased through the Academy:
- Kryolan 13 Piece Brush Set... R798, or
Kryolan 20 Piece Brush Set... R1 160
- Kryolan 18' Lipstick Palette 18x1ml... R463
- Kryolan 16' Shade Lipstick Tester Palette 16x1ml… R428
- Kryolan Liquid Eyeliner… R190
- Kryolan Combination pencil (Black and Brown)… R190
- Kryolan Faceliner:
(Other colours available)... R267 each
- Kryolan Brush Cleaner 100ml... R218
- Kryolan Latex Sponge Wedges 6 pieces... R86
- Kryolan Professional Powder Puff Blue 10cm... R138
- Kryolan Make up Remover wipes (60 wipes)… R456
- Kryolan Make-Up Corrector... R239
- Kryolan Silver Aluminium Make-Up case… R850 on SPECIAL (R1 500)
The following items are also needed for the course and not available through the Academy:
- Brush Set
- Lipstick (palette preferably, alternative three colours: neutral, pink and red)
- Black Mascara
- Black Liquid eyeliner/gel
- Brown eyeliner pencil
- Black eyeliner pencil
- Lip pencils (Nude, Pink and Burgundy/Maroon)
- Surgical spirits in small spray bottle/ Brush cleaner liquid
- 2x long hair grips (“crocodile” hair grips)
- Packet of wedges
- Powder puff
- Wet wipes (facial wipes are optional)
- Beauty earbuds (pointed)
- Dark colour hand towel (black preferably)