CERTIFICATION IN DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY & THEORY OF APIS MASTERCLASSES
Week Day or Saturday Classes
2 Month Internship Included
Week Day Classes
R65500 (monthly payment option available)
21 Person Class Limit
Starts at Beginner Level
Ends at Advanced Level
The Professional Photography Certification Programme is a cutting edge course which was developed by Johnathan Andrews over a period of almost a decade. The programme was designed for a student who has no prior knowledge of photography (or how to use a digital slr camera) and systematically develops the student's theoretical and skills base to enter the market as a freelance photographer. The course includes the Theory of APIS (Applied Photographic Inspiration) as masterclasses. The course is presented by Johnathan Andrews.
Subjects which are included in the programme:
- Introduction to Digital Photography
- Flash Photography
- Studio Photography & Lighting
- Motion & Creative Photography
- Applied Digital Photography
- Adobe Application Training
- Theory of APIS Masterclasses
- Business Principles
- Final Portfolio Compilation
- 2 Month Internship
• 40 sessions of +-2/3 hours per session - Digital Photography
• 11 sessions of +-2/3 hours per session - Adobe Application Training
• 12 sessions of +-2 hours per session - Theory of APIS Masterclasses, Business Principles, Final Portfolio Compilation
• 2 Month Internship
• To ensure that you master the course material, you will be required to complete various assignments.
• Assignments are marked and returned to students with feedback.
• Assignments are evaluated and the JAA Certificate in Professional Digital Photography is awarded if a pass mark of 75% average is achieved.
• Students who maintain a minimum pass mark of 75% in each of the course modules is awarded the JAA Certificate of Merit in Professional Digital Photography.
• Students who maintain a minimum pass mark of 75% in each of the course modules, and where the total average is 95% and above, is awarded the JAA Certificate of Merit in Professional Digital Photography with Distinction.
After successful completion of the course, a student is expected to be able to:
• operate as a freelance photographer;
• carry out a wide range of photographic work using a Digital SLR camera, both in studio and on location;
• work with photographic equipment including an external flash, studio lights and a light meter;
• interpret a photographic brief;
• draft quotations for photographic work;
• do advanced visual concept interpretation;
• apply the Theory of APIS to diverse photographic assignments;
• photographic brief development and concept design using the Theory of APIS;
• present a portfolio of work of the highest standard for stills photography.
The course fee per person is R 65 500 (if all fees are settled before course commencement).
PAYMENT TERMS / INSTALLMENTS
• The full course fee can be paid on registration, or installments can be arranged.
• The total course fee has to be settled before the course is completed.
• FULL TIME COURSE: A deposit of R 15 000 is payable on enrollment and the balance is payable in 10 installments of R 6 688 per month (depending on the course commencement date).
• PART TIME COURSE: A deposit of R 15 000 is payable on enrollment and the balance is payable in 18 installments of R 3 750 per month (depending on the course commencement date).
PHOTOGRAPHY EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• No photography experience is required.
• The course is presented in English and students are required to have a good command of the language to engage in classes.
• Basic computer literacy is required.
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED FOR THE COURSE
• Any brand of Digital SLR camera with an 18-55mm lens as a minimum requirement.
• An additional lens to cover a focal range of 55-200mm will be an advantage.
• A tripod.
• An external flash.
• A studio lighting kit (a 3 head kit with various diffusion options will be ideal), flash meter and grey card.
• A notebook computer to use in class (a minimum of 4GB Ram, 1GB graphics card, 64-bit operating system).
• Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription for Lightroom and Photoshop CC.
Contact us for specialist advice about purchasing the required equipment for the course.
Click on the blue buttons under the "COURSE DATES & ENROLMENT" section below.
You can visit us at the Academy - it's best arrange an appointment to ensure that a consultant is available.