The Video Editing with Premiere Pro CC course is an intensive training programme designed to equip students with working knowledge and skills to use the Adobe PremierePro CC software to edit and create video productions. Two Photoshop CC training sessions are included to provide essential training on how to use the application as a part of the post-production process for video editing.
The course is presented on a part time (when available) and full time basis and consists of 7 training sessions.
The course is a compulsory subject for the following courses:
- Certification in Photo & Video Editing
- Certification in Video Production
What is Premiere Pro CC?
• 7 sessions of +-2/3 hours per session.
• To ensure that you master the course material, you will be required to complete various assignments.
• Assignments are evaluated and a proficiency certificate is awarded as follows: 55% (pass), 75% (pass with distinction).
After successful completion of the course, a student is expected to be able to:
• Editing video footage using Premiere Pro CC.
• Apply video transitions, colour correction and other effects and masks to video footage.
• Apply sound effects and transitions to audio tracks.
• Integrate a stills images into a video production.
• Inserting screen text.
• Creating PSD files for use in Premiere Pro CC.
• Video retouching.
• Exporting video for use on various platforms.
• The course fee per person is R 4 950
• The full course fee can be paid on registration, or
• A R 1 500 deposit can be paid on registration and the balance is payable the day before the course commences.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• The course is presented in English and students are required to have a good command of the language to engage in classes.
• Prior learning assumed to be in place includes: proficiency in using Photoshop CC software.
• Students who are not enrolled on the Certification in Video Production, or Introduction to Video Production course will be required to provide their own video footage to be used during training sessions.
• Basic computer literacy is required.
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED FOR THE COURSE
• A notebook computer to use in class (a minimum of 4GB Ram, 1GB graphics card, 64-bit operating system).
• Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription with Premiere Pro CC and Photoshop CC installed.
• Own photos and video footage to use during classes.
Click on the blue buttons under the "COURSE DATES & ENROLMENT" section below.
You can visit us at the Academy - it's best arrange an appointment to ensure that a consultant is available.
Video Editing with Premiere Pro CC
7 sessions of +-2/3 hours each
R 4 950
Course Dates & Enrollment
Full Time Courses
Full Time Classes are attended on week days. The duration of classes are +-2/3 hours depending on the subject matter.
Click on the starting date below to enrol: